Thursday, June 14, 2012

Still Waiting on God to Blink.....

Yesterday I wrote a blog post called “Waiting on God to Blink!”  Today, I am still waiting.  You see there are some major hurdles in my life right now.  There are the usual ones that everyone faces, but I have some unusually big hurdles to jump.  Yesterday I closed out the blog by saying that “GOD CAN DO MORE IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE THAN I COULD EVER DO IN A LIFETIME OF TRYING.”  So here I sit waiting on God to move the mountains or give me super strength JUMPING POWER!  
Proverbs 3:5-6 are some of my most favorite verses in scripture.  It goes like this: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” (NKJV)  The part of these verses that always gets me is the “lean not on your own understanding” part!  This is the place where trust and action meet up with each other and test our willingness to “rest” in Christ!  My pattern of action is to panic and jump into short term fix mode for anything that is not going right in my life.  Always, always, always when I jump in REACTION  instead of quietly RESPONDING I find myself in trouble. I do not mean that I get in trouble with God, I simply mean that the natural course of panic always leads to hasty decisions and regrets.

So here I sit today.  I am still waiting on God to blink!  I’m waiting on a major breakthrough.  I know that God can do more than I could ever think of imagine.  I know that He is working.  I just want Him to blink! I am trusting in HIM.  I am not trusting in my feelings, emotions or even what I “think” – I am trusting in God! I am listening to God and following the path of Psalm 37 – “Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. 6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. 7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him…..”

So I will keep you posted on this blog.  I promise, you will be the second to know when God blinks! Debbie will be first, of course!!

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A NEW SERIES OF VIDEO MESSAGES FROM THIS BLOG!!  I appealed to my Facebook friends to help out with this new series.  I asked them to share the ONE word from the scriptures on which they would love to hear a short teaching.  I am compiling the list and will begin here next week!  It will be in video format.  Please pray for me as I prepare these 5 minutes messages and launch them into Cyberland! 

Thanks for joining me here today!!  Share, tweet and FB this blog to all of your friends.  Let’s spread the GOOD NEWS of God’s grace and truth to as many people as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment