Thursday, January 8, 2015

Go ahead! JUMP!

I attended a small rural school in Alabama.  Some of my greatest times of my childhood are from my days at Roy Webb School. One of my strongest memories is “the wall.” One of the true tests of “manhood” was if you could stand on the wall and jump off. I remember the first time someone dared me to jump. I walked over to the wall and stood there. I held my breath………and then I “chickened out.”  I was paralyzed with.  I could not move forward. Some of the boys made fun of me for being afraid, some of the girls just giggled!

The next time someone dared me I went through the same routine but this time – I DID IT! I jumped. The feeling of victory was great! Everyone cheered and I felt like such a man.

About 30 years later, I visited the school.  Everything looked the same. Well, not everything. I went down the hall remembering the smells, looking into the rooms and then I remembered the wall.  As I walked down the steps the memories rushed back to me.   There it was. I found it!!  It was about three feet tall! I took one step off the wall and the rest is history. I did not get the same exhilarating feeling but the memories were great…memories of the day when I conquered – THE WALL!

As you walk with Jesus you are going to face “walls” every day! Those seemingly impossible situations rise up and impede your forward progress in your walk with the Lord.  In order to experience all the blessings God has in store for you; you must take a leap of faith.  It is scary to jump into the unknown.  “For we walk by faith and not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7)

God’s plan for your life is not based on what YOU can see.  God’s plan for your life is based on what HE already knows! 

God has a plan for you.  (Jeremiah 29:11) Seek Him first and that plan will be revealed to you.  (Matthew 6:33)  Trust in the Lord and He will make a way. (Proverbs 3:5-6). 


JUMP!!!

1 comment: