Monday, January 2, 2012

Playing Tag with the Waves

I love to walk on the beach. I love to watch people walk on the beach. I love to watch kids walk on the beach. I love the beach. This morning when I was walking on the beach I found myself playing tag with the waves. My goal for this morning was to walk down the beach at a brisk pace and return to the house without dying. I've gained most of the weight I lost in 2010. As I walked I tried to stay close to water but not get wet. However, there were a couple of times when I was unsuccessful the the water came up over my shoes and soaked my feet. It's January and the water was very cold! As I kept walking, it occurred to me that life on this earth seems a lot like those waves. Sometimes life just surprises us. Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's not so good. But there is one thing for sure in all of this. God knows what He is doing! He is never take by surprise. Sometimes He even lets the waves of life crash over us so that we get a "wake up call!" It is through those wake-up calls that we are given the joy of seeing God work. Through HIS work we then get to know HIM better. I am so glad that God is "for me!" He loves me! He rejoices over me with singing! And yes sometimes He even lets a wave give me a wake up call! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think a wave ever washes over me that God didn't allow.

    ReplyDelete