Friday, July 29, 2011

God Wants Me to UNLEARN??!!

As I was reading My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers this morning, as usual, I read something profound. I felt compelled to share with you what God showed me through the devotional for July 29th.

“It is not true to say that God wants to teach us something in our trials: through every cloud He brings, He wants us to UNLEARN something. His purpose in the cloud is to simplify our belief until our relationship to Him is exactly that of a child…..”

God wants me to UNLEARN some things! That one phrase speaks volumes to me today. Grass needs to grow where those “learned” thoughts have been. Romans 12:1-2 teaches us to “be transformed by the renewing of my mind. I wish I could have a backspace button installed on my brain but, alas, I cannot. Rather I must UNLEARN what my flesh has taught me and replace, renew my thinking in the rich truths of who I am in Christ Jesus! Oh God! Teach me something NEW today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment